Thursday, July 31, 2008

Report

"Are you out of your mind?!", exclaimed the chief at Ramoos. "What the hell is the word 'zombie' doing in your report?" "I know, I know...maybe I should I give the guy a polygraph." "You damn well should, you might throw in a drug test and a saliva test, too!" "I'll ask him he's willing to submit..." The chief cut off Ramoos, "I don't give a goddamn if he's willing or not. Somebody that tells a story like that just isn't normal. Drug-dealing zombies? And then the guy used the stuff, too. Not too mention the link to those hearts in the morgue. You take that guy over to his friend's place. Set up a bust. Get these fuckers off the street." "Yes, sir. Should I leave now?" "You bet your ass you can leave now. Get the hell out of here and get moving on these sonsabitches."

Ramoos went back to the interrogation room where Roger was still waiting. Roger spoke up, "You know, I've been here a long time. I have to take a piss." "Oh yes you do," responded Ramoos. "But, in a cup, Roger. OK?" "You mean a drug test." "Mm-hmm," mumbled Ramoos nodding his head.

Roger came out of the stall and handed the still warm cup to Ramoos. Ramoos fixed the chain-of-custody stickers. "Sign this Roger, OK?" Roger signed, then asked if there was anything else. "Well, lets go back to the room. Then I'll go get this checked out. You look clean, are you? You been screwing around?" "I haven't used any of that shit lately. I've been avoiding them...you know...them. But they haven't been avoiding me." That might work to our advantage thought Ramoos.

Ramoos came back into the room after delivering the sample to the lab. They were doing a rush job on it. "Roger, we're going to give you a polygraph...right now." "What if I don't want to?" "The chief thinks it would be best." "The chief. The chief of police?" "Yeah, I just had a conversation with him. Seems like this case of ours has taken an interesting turn. I hate to tell you this, but you might be involved in a very ugly murder case." Holy shit, thought Roger.

No comments: