Thursday, July 31, 2008

Them

"I understand that and wish to help." The guy stammered. "You got a name?" "Its Roger. Roger Slaymore." Ramoos chuckled under his breath. "Is that a real name, an assumed name or something else?" "Its my given name. Look here's my i.d." Ramoos looked at the license, he chuckled under his breath again when he saw the "Heart Donor" legend. At least he was prepared to give of himself, figured Ramoos, he might be telling the truth...

Roger appeared to be calming down. "How'd you get involved in this?" "You know, friends and acquaintances. I was at one of their homes, and then they brought out the dope. You know, like all of a sudden. There it was on a coffee table. And then they started inhaling it." "You mean like smoking it?" "Not at first, no. But later they showed me how to do that. That first night they ran out of it." "Did you try some then?" " At first, no, I told myself I wasn't going to do that. But, I did try some later." Guilty, thought Ramoos. "So what happened then?" "They made a call." "Cell?" "No, it was a hard line. They have one in that house." "The one who made the call hung up shortly after. He just looked up, and with this strange look on his face he said 'They're coming.' It was kind of creepy the way he said it, like that little girl from the movie 'Poultergeist' when she said 'They're here'." "About what time was this?" "I'm not sure, something like 10 or 11 PM." "A little while later there's this lame rapping at the door. But they didn't rap on the door. They rapped on the aluminum frame surrounding the door. It was eerie sounding."

"Who was it?" "It was th-th-them." Roger was getting nervous again. "Two of them. Neither of them said anything. They just...just groaned. They looked like corpses. I have seen dead bodies before. That is just what they looked like. One of them even looked a little green. Either that or they were very sick, stoned or both. It made me sick to look at them. I don't know how the others could deal with it. Then one of my friends pulled out some cash and handed it to one of these things. The way its hand closed around the money was just unreal. It tucked away the cash in a pocket. By the way, the clothes were very seedy. From another pocket it pulled out a baggie with a white powder inside. It moaned pathetically when it handed it over. My friend just pulled out of its hand with a little effort. The thing looked at him and groaned again. My friend said 'Thanks. Come by anytime - when its dark'. And then he just snickered. Then thing one turned around and thing two followed. My friend moved to the door and let them out into the night."

"I then pleaded with my friend to give it up and not to call these fuckers back in. He said, not tonight, no. I asked him what the fuck those two things were. 'Not people. At least not living people.' I said My God, what the hell are those things then? 'Zombies. The undead. Oh, and by the way, they're also our suppliers'." Ramoos just blew air out of his nose and wondered how the hell he was going to report this.

No comments: