Friday, August 1, 2008

Warrant

Executing the search warrant, Ramoos knocked on the door of the place and announced himself. "It's Joe Ramoos again, I've got a search warrant for your place." "You wouldn't know where they are?", Ramoos turned and asked Roger. "No, like I told you, I haven't seen them in months." "You got the key?", Ramoos asked the landlord. He nodded yes. "Go ahead and open it up, please." The landlord stepped up and opened the door. The lights were on throughout the place.

The furniture, possessions, clothes, everything was strewn everywhere throughout the place. "Goddamned mess..." muttered the landlord. "Mm-hmm..." muttered Ramoos as he looked around the place. The landlord turned to Roger, "This is what I get for renting to a bunch of goddamned dopeheads!" "Hey, man, I had nothing to do with this. They were into it before I even knew about it." The landlord turned around, muttering "Goddamnit..." and walked around the place looking..."at least there's no holes in the walls..." he called out.

"Did the place look like this when you were last here?", Ramoos turned and asked Roger. "No everything was neat. Everything was put away. It didn't look anything like this." The landlord wandered back in. "See anybody, anything?", asked Ramoos. "No, nothing. Nobody, nothing of value. Nobody is here." Ramoos began stepping around the debris and looked around. "It looks to me like there was a struggle. Your friends aren't just missing. I think that they've been taken. Shit. Now we can't use this place for a set-up." Ramoos turned to Roger, "Well, we'll just have to use yours." Roger just thought of it and kept quiet. I got to deal with these fuckers again, he thought. "Will I be protected? Look at what they did here. What if they're dead? They'll probably kill me too." "Oh, I don't think so..." said Ramoos, and thought that was a lie.

"Check it for prints.", Ramoos turned to his backup officer. "Oh, and guys, please don't touch anything. This is now a crime scene." He called forensics on his cell. "Yeah, we need you here. Looks like a possible abduction..."

"I'm sorry Roger, but I think we need you. This thing is starting to look real bad. Real bad..." his voice trailing off as he looked around. "Yeah, real bad. Do you think they were being extorted, too?" "I have no idea. Look at this place. Something had to have happened." "Maybe it was a deal gone bad." "Now these "zombies", did you think they might turn violent and do something like this?" "I don't know, my friends seemed real comfortable with them. But, like I said, they just creeped the shit out of me." "Do you know of any relatives of your friends." "No, I can't say that I do." Shit, thought Ramoos.

No comments: